Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Importance of Creativity

I once heard that when a child is young that their loud outburst of yelling, screaming, or laughing is their way of showing different kinds of emotions. I also heard that if one gets on to a child for making these outburst that child will later grow up in life to have less of a personality that it could have potentially had. In a way I think Sir Ken Robinson was saying the same thing. Education needs to worry less about keeping a child quit and doing its work, and more by the different ways each child shows their emotions.
I am one of those children that Sir Ken Robinson talked about. Many educators told my parents I had a learning disability for the simple fact that I couldn't stay still for a full hour and a half lecture. I was fortunate enough to have a mother that refused to medicate me for my ADD until recently. I think if she would have given in earlier in my life to these teachers my personality could easily be very different from what it is today. If educators today would realize that each child displays their personalities in different ways these children would have a better opportunity of standing out for what they believe in, or what they are interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment